First Lutheran Church
St. James, MN
First Lutheran Church, built in 1954 had not gone through a renovation since it was opened some 60+ years ago. The purpose of the renovation was to improve circulation and to modernize and bring up to code interior spaces.
The renovation included 4,024 square feet, and the addition of a canopy for sheltered entry into the church. The back of the sanctuary was re-purposed to create a narthex. A new ramp was installed to the Chancel, and new flooring was installed in the Sanctuary and first floor, along with new finishes on the first floor. The first floor restrooms were gutted and reinstalled, and new restrooms were installed on the second floor. The kitchen was remodeled, and new door hardware was installed throughout. New windows and exit doors were also installed.
- Details: 4,024 s.f. renovation; Canopy Addition
- Delivery Method: Design/Build