Size: Total floor area 245,000 s.f. (all seven buildings) Largest building – 130,000 s.f.
Delivery Method: Construction Management
Suzlon Rotor Corporation
Miller Architects & Builders helped bring Suzlon Rotor Corporation to the Midwest with a 245,000 square foot complex comprised of seven buildings. Included in the complex is a corporate office and rotor blade manufacturing plant. To stay true to the company’s Indian roots, our team configured and constructed the buildings based on Vaastu (India version of Feng Shui). The staff facility supports over 120 employees and also includes a comfortable dining room and locker area.
- Corporate office and rotor blade manufacturing plant
- Pre-engineered steel buildings
- Design based on Vaastu (India version of Feng Shui)
- Feng Shui literally means wind and water. It was used to address the layout of the facilities and to decide the location, construction, and architectural features
- Incorporates 20 cranes (Five 15-ton, one 70-ton, one 20-ton, four 7.5-ton, other 9 cranes are 2-ton and 5-ton)
- Staff facility supports 120, includes dining room and locker area
- 35 acre site with 2-3′ of top soil that needed to be removed and replaced
- Multi-building project with condensed schedule