On the morning of May 24, a groundbreaking ceremony was held to officially mark the beginning of construction for the Sacred Heart Parish campus expansion.
Construction has been underway for the last month with progress being made on the new space. The groundbreaking served as a formal celebration of the project start and provided well-deserved recognition to the many individuals who have helped to make the project a reality.
Sacred Heart was incorporated as a parish in May of 1919, and has been at its current location since December of 2003. In 2013 a capital campaign was announced to fund the expansion of their campus to include a fellowship hall, meeting rooms and office space. The expansion provides for the growing needs of the parish today and for future generations.
The campus expansion will provide 16,330 square feet of additional space that features a 250-seat fellowship hall with a commercial kitchen, five new meeting rooms, and a new administrative suite with eight permanent offices including a reception office, work office and four cubicle offices. The new addition also
includes public restrooms, outdoor patio area, updates to existing finishes and
a new entrance.
The project is estimated to take ten months to complete.
Miller Architects & Builders is extremely proud to have the opportunity to team with Sacred Heart Parish on this project from architectural services through construction.